Under her birth name Kana Harada (Japanese: 佳奈原田), Kana Asumi was born in Fukuoka, Japan on August 12, 1983.
In 2005, Kana Asumi began her voice acting career. The first anime she voiced a character in was the 2005 anime 'Canvas 2: Nijiiro no Sketch' where she voiced a waitress in episode 03 and a choir member in episode 21.
From 2007 until 2010, Kana Asumi voiced one of Amu's guardian characters Ran in the anime 'Shugo Chara!' and its 2 sequels 'Shugo Chara!! Doki' and 'Shugo Chara Party!'.
On January 2008, Kana Asumi changed agencies from Voice & Heart to 81Produce.
For the first instalment of Takara Tomy's 'Pretty Rhythm' franchise's anime line, Kana Asumi voiced the main character Aira Harune. She also voiced the movie-exclusive character Sakura for the 'Pretty Cure' franchise's 2017 crossover anime movie 'Pretty Cure Dream Stars!'.
Kana Asumi also provided the voice of Aira Nanahoshi for the anime series 'Kiratto Pri Chan', based on the second spin-off of Takara Tomy's 'Pretty Rhythm' franchise, starting from its first season in 2018.
- On her blog on January 14, 2014, Kana Asumi announced her marriage.
- Kana Asumi is one of the 2 Kamiwaza Wanda voice actors who began voicing characters, starting from the original season's 43rd episode. The other one being Ayumu Murase who voiced Nice.
- Kana Asumi's profile on the Anime News Network website
- Kana Asumi's profile on 81Produce (Japanese)
- Asumi Biyori blog (Japanese)
- Kana Asumi's Twitter blog (Japanese)